Tuesday, March 17, 2009

VGR Videos

I firmly believe the best way to demonstrate the capability of a vision system is through video. So I tip my hat to Braintech for placing four fascinating (although rather long,) movies on their web site. (You’ll find them on the right side of Braintech’s homepage.)

Braintech is a leader in vision guided robotics, and the movies demonstrate how they are pushing the envelope when it comes to bin picking. I’ve long been skeptical about just how reliable such a system can be in a factory environment, but I have to say that these Braintech videos go a long way to winning me over.

Memo to Braintech: much as I love the vids, please drop the cheesy musak. It reminds of some cheap movies my older brother used to bring home, if you know what I mean!

No comments: