Monday, January 25, 2010

Microscan opens machine vision tech center

Here’s an interesting announcement that I picked up the other day on the SMT Editorial blog: Microscan, who purchased Siemens machine vision business back in 2008, have turned the old NER building into a Technology Center.

The intent is to use the 20,000 sq. ft. of labs and offices for “for R&D on machine vision, machine vision lighting, direct part mark (DPM) reading, and verification technologies.”

I’m excited by this news, (well just a little bit,) because it shows that Microscan are serious about machine vision. I hope it’s going to lead to some innovative products because, quite frankly I’m rather tired of all the “me too” lights and cameras that pop up in my email every day.

We’ve heard it many times before: product innovation is the route to prosperity, so I wish Microscan well in their efforts.

No comments: