Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Online marketing works!

Yesterday I suggested that small machine vision integrators should promote themselves by making sensible posts on relevant discussion boards. Today I want to show you how that worked for Engatech Inc.

I’d never heard of this little Virginia/North Carolina-based integrator until they offered some advice on the DVT/Cognex SmartList board. Impressed by their helpfulness and knowledge, I found their website, did a little browsing, and found some interesting stuff.

For example, they have a copy of the old SME MVA lighting poster available for download under the “Technologies” tab, which also gives a clear overview of the different levels of machine vision. They also provide some useful links to other sources of engineering and integration expertise.

In short, Engatech provide a textbook example of how a small business can market itself to a global audience: intelligent, helpful advice posted on a discussion board, backed up by a simple yet effective website. Next time I have a project down in the Carolinas I shall be sure to give them a call.

No comments: