Sunday, October 23, 2011

Finding out who my friends are


Regular readers will have noticed my list of “Friends worth checking out” over to the right of this page. This serves two purposes.

First, it’s part of my mission of providing useful machine vision information, so I link to those who offer relatively uncommercial discussion of vision topics.

And second, it’s my feeble attempt at a bit of search engine optimization. The idea is that when folks link to me, I reciprocate. Call it mutual back-scratching, if you like.

Well I’ve noticed that some of those cherished in-bound links aren’t there any more. So guess what? I’m not sending any traffic their way either. I’m just not feeling the love.

On the other hand, when people with something useful to say about machine vision link to me, I am very happy to link back, which is why the “Friends” list changes. If you’d like to be my friend, and perhaps attract some of my readers, email me at visionmaster05@yahoo.com and we’ll try to sort something out.

No comments: