Sunday, March 11, 2012

High dynamic range smart camera


While searching through the website of IMAGO Technologies I noticed that they offer a smart camera that uses the same LinLog dynamic range-extending technology as found on some of the PhotonFocus cameras. (Products – then scroll down to Intelligent Industrial Cameras, and click on VisionCam PS.) I’m excited about this, (I excite easily,) because I’m very impressed by LinLog, and like the idea of having that capability in a smart camera.

If you’re interested in learning more about what LinLog can do I suggest you visit the PhotonFocus website, but for now let me say that it lets you image very bright things and things that are not bright at the same time. Like the filament of a light bulb when it glows, or a weld pool.

Interesting things going on at IMAGO.

No comments: