Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I’m back

Regular readers will have observed a hiatus in my postings. I like to publish my machine vision musings four to five times a week, but, at the risk of sounding like a man with a problem, it’s been ten days since my last post.

Why so long?

Quite simply, after more than four years of blogging I finally ran out of things to say. Four years equates to about 250,000 machine vision words. That’s the size of two thick novels, so I hope you won’t begrudge me my break.

But the good news is, my personal drought is over and normal service will be resumed shortly. However, you my dear readers can help. If you know of anything interesting going on in the world of machine vision, email me at visionmaster05@yahoo.com to let me know.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

A great source of interesting things is "The Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition": http://www.cvpr2012.org/
Here are some of the papers/projects: http://www.cvpapers.com/cvpr2012.html
And some highlights:
http://karpathy.ca/myblog/2012/06/24/cvpr-2012-highlights/

Anonymous said...

Though I sense your disdain for all things Cognex, today they officially released the autofocus version of the In-Sight 7000 series; the newest family in the In-Sight product. I have heard you bemoan that no one was producing a system with autofocus before, but now someone is. This is not on-the-fly autofocus, but rather a feature that requires some sort of input to the system to start the focus procedure. The positive side of this is that the system can use a value to move to a specific focus and the value can be saved to the program. Therefore if you have different products that require different focus values all you need to do is run a different program and the lens will move to the correct position. I have seen it work and it is rather impressive. Just go to Cognex.com to see the details.