Thursday, September 13, 2012

Measuring image features


For some time I’ve been searching for an image analysis program that would let me make measurements. Every machine vision package has some kind of caliper tool, most will measure circles, and blobs can be analyzed every which way, but sometime this isn’t enough.

Sometimes I want to perform a series of measurements on an image, and I struggle to find the right tools. So I was naturally very interested to learn about Crystal Vision from Applied Electro-Optics Inc..

It’s not machine vision in that it doesn’t appear to be programmable, but it does offer some very neat capabilities. Needless to say, I will be downloading and testing the 30 day eval package very soon. In the meantime, why not take a look at their YouTube video.


No comments: