Monday, December 3, 2012

Vision guidance movies


When I’m short of things to write about I dip into YouTube, and today is such a day.

This poppadum picking and packing system amused me. Not only is it high speed with vision guidance, but it’s an interesting gripper – presumably vacuum. I also liked the tongue-twister aspects – such a pity it wasn’t developed by PPT.
 

 
It’s also interesting to note that one robot isn’t fast enough to get all the poppadums, necessitating the installation of additional systems.

I’m pretty sure the robots used in the system are ABB FlexPickers. These are particularly cool, so I thought you might be interested in learning more about them. The movie below demonstrates how the system is calibrated – an aspect of VGR often overlooked – and of course, emphasizes how easy it is to set up. Well I’m sure it’s easy if you know what you’re doing!
 



No comments: