Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chicago-bound


I find trade shows pretty wearing, which is one reason I don’t go to many. (The other reason is that my boss doesn’t like my show-related expense claims. Well a man has to pass the evening somehow.) But I will be in the Windy City for the Automate show, (January 21-24,) and I’m looking forward to it.

Judging by the flurry of emails in my in-box since last month, a lot of new products are going to be unveiled at the show, and a fair number seem to be genuinely new as opposed to minor enhancements of the old stuff. I’m not going to list them all, because then I wouldn’t be able to get close to the booths – you’d all be in the way – but when I get back I do promise to give you a run-down of what I found new and interesting.

If you can’t get to the show, check back in a few days for my observations. And if you do go, well let’s compare notes on what we saw.

No comments: