Monday, February 4, 2013

I’m not worried what you’re reading


File this under “Retraction”. This chart shows the number of pages in the January edition of Vision Systems Design over the last four years. (I can’t go back further because I cleaned up my desk late last year and threw out everything older.)

It suggests the darkest circulation days were in 2011, and that ’13 has seen a strong recovery. This is in contrast to my comments back on Jan 20th to the effect that our machine vision industry magazine was fading away. I was wrong and I admit it.

I stand by my comment that you should be sure to read it. I’m also pretty sure that the marvelous VSD was once more like 60 pages, but I have no data to back that up.

And if you’re wondering what prompted this retraction, you can thank “Julie from Pleora” who commented on my post and motivated me to check.

This humble pie takes some getting used to.

1 comment:

Julie Harrison said...

No humble pie required! Your blog is great ... keep it up!