Wednesday, April 3, 2013

US-built bottle inspection systems


My last post, “Automating inspection in China,” linked to a Chinese manufacturer of glass bottle inspection equipment. I think it’s probably only fair that I now link to a US manufacturer of the same.

The company I’m referring to is Emhart Glass. They build a range of very sophisticated bottle inspection systems at their operation in Elmira, NY, (which seems to be the home of the US glass-making industry,) although engineering for the machines happens in sunny Florida.

If you go to the Emhart Glass Vision page and click on any one of the machines shown you’ll find a lot of technical details. So much in fact that I spent an excessive amount of time browsing. There are some interesting things going on in bottle inspection.

No comments: