Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Opportunity to do machine vision research


The Bristol Robotics Laboratory, “a collaborative research partnership of the University of the West of England and the University of Bristol” is offering a “Funded full-time PhD studentship in 3D computer vision”.

Details are available at on their “Jobs at BRL” web page.

This is a huge opportunity for a young person who wants to build a name for themselves in the world of 3D machine vision. I don’t know what it would be like getting a visa to study in the UK, but if I was thirty years younger I’d want to give this a go.

I’d add that I’ve been to Bristol, and seems like a pretty decent place to live. Expensive and a little damp, but hey, you’d be in the lab doing exciting things with cameras, robots and software, so what’s the problem?

No comments: