Thursday, July 2, 2009

How to interrogate potential machine vision integrators

It’s difficult to buy something you don’t know much about. There’s always the nagging feeling that maybe you’re having the wool pulled over your eyes. So I guess I shouldn’t have been too surprised by the following email:

Brian; Do you have any tips for dealing with machine vision integrators? In particular, are there any specific things I should ask, and what answers should I expect?

This is such a great question that I’m going to devote a few posts to the subject. Over the next few days, (maybe longer, if I interrupt myself,) I intend to cover the following:

Specifying the task

Qualifying potential vendors

Technical areas to assess - lighting

Technical areas to assess - resolution

Technical areas to assess – logic

Let me know if there’s anything else that you’d like me to address.

No comments: