Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fair winds for machine vision

For some months I’ve been arguing that the business outlook, at least for those in machine vision, is much better than the “expert” forecasters would have us believe. As evidence I’ve cited both the rapidly lengthening lead times that I’m being quoted and anecdotal evidence from friends and colleagues.

Well now I’m gratified to find that the VDMA (the German machine vision trade association,) shares my upbeat assessment.

In a press release titled, “VDMA Machine Vision: Recovery across the board,” Olaf Munkelt, Chairman of the VDMA, discusses how they see business picking up much quicker than originally projected. In particular he comments, “The sudden accelerated demand is not so quickly satisfied and delivery times can often be decidedly longer.” (I imagine it sounded better in the original German.)

I hate to say “I told you so,” but believe me, there are lots of business opportunities out there, so ignore the nay-sayers and concentrate on winning orders.

No comments: