Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tell me and I will forget, show me and I will remember


Well I think that’s how the quote goes. The point is that most of us learn better when we’re able to actually do things for ourselves rather than just reading about them. This is why kids hands-on museums are so full of adults playing with the exhibits and ignoring their precious little ones.

But rather than moan about other people’s parenting skills, today I wish to share a link to imageprocessingbasics.com. This has some fantastic tutorials on various aspects of image processing, such as histogram equalization and convolution. To make life simple though, each tutorial comes with a Java applet that allows the viewer to see the effect of altering various imaging parameters. It certainly worked for me, so give it a go.

By the way, thanks are due to the guys at Vision Systems Design for bringing this site to my attention. Thanks guys.

No comments: