Thursday, February 14, 2013

How long has it been?


It's been five years, since I started to post my assorted machine vision musings under the “Machine Vision 4 Users” banner. That's a lot of words and a lot of posts, but I'm still enjoying it. Looking for new content forces me to keep my eyes open for the new and interesting in machine vision, which is one of the big drivers behind this blog. And I like sharing my experience too.

What I'm not getting is a whole lot of feedback from you my dear reader. I do get a trickle of emails, and some posts have attracted a few comments, but I'd love to see more dialog and debate. I'm also toying with the idea of monetizing the blog, (yes, that means advertisements,) but how would you feel about that? Please share your thoughts, and help keep this place vibrant for the next five years.

6 comments:

Hamersma said...

Keep up the good job! I read your blog on a weekly base, mainly to get a quick show off what's happening in the vision market!

Julie from Pleora said...

I enjoy your blog! It is one of the few machine vision blogs I can find (not tied to a corporate website).

As for monetizing the site ... doesn't bother me one bit. More power to you if you can make some money from your writing.

Anonymous said...

Monetize by doing product reviews (Just remember to state when it's paid review:)

Unknown said...

Hi, I always read your blog, even though I moved to the academic side it really helps me to be in touch to what's going on out there, what is people really using. As for monetizing I have no problem at all, actually I think it wouldn't even affect me since I read your posts through RSS. Even if I get to see your adds I think you should definitely do it, as long as they are just adds and it doesn't get mixed in the content. As for paid product reviews I'm against it! I want to see what's good not who has more money. Keep up with the great work.

Jonathan B said...

Hi, Please do keep it up! I am sure there are quite a few, like me, who enjoy keeping up to date and getting an opinion in relatively short bites, but without interacting too much.

I wouldn't have any problem with discrete adverts along as they don't get in the way of the content.

Anonymous said...

As you mention yourself, Machine Vision is a small industry. Keep up the excellent work, and personally adverts would not be an issue for me