Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Saying “No” to North Korean lenses


In case you didn’t read the comment from Navitar, “Where is that lens from?” (MachineVision4Users, May 15th, 2013,) let me make it absolutely clear: Navitar do NOT source components from North Korea. Not at all. Never have, probably never will.

Apparently my misunderstanding stemmed from a poorly-written statement on the Navitar website. As an amateur hack myself, I know how difficult it is to proof-read. As they say, “English, she is a difficult master.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe this is a moot point. Of course one should try to avoid products from north korea. Still there is a common industrial region that these two countries share.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaesong_Industrial_Region

This industrial complex was in the news some months ago because north korea's dictator ordered the south koreans out.

When you first reported Navitar to be producing in north korea, I took it to mean this was from Kaesong. I'd have nothing against that.