Sunday, September 22, 2013

It’s smart and it’s linescan


Here’s an interesting product, one that I intend to learn more about. One Box Vision of Clonmel, Ireland, has launched a linescan smart camera.

The Astro Vision System is available with sensors from 2k up to 12k, but what I find especially interesting is the software: the camera comes with Vision Builder AI from National Instruments.

I’m a fan of VBAI, as we NI fanboys call it, because it has a host of tools from the LabVIEW Vision Development Module and it’s simple to use. (Alright, I find the state machine concept hard to get my head around, but I’m a slow learner.)

The only downside I’m aware of is that VBAI tends to be expensive, but perhaps One Box Vision has done a good deal with NI. I suppose there’s only one way to find out …



No comments: