Sunday, June 28, 2009

Switzerland – not just muesli and mountains

When you talk about centers of machine vision expertise I have to admit that the picture-perfect, land-locked nation of Switzerland is not the first place that springs to mind. However, an email that crossed my desk recently has forced me to rethink.

Compar present themselves as a professional integrator of Cognex machine vision and Epson robots, as well as packaging up their own ‘front ends’ for VisionPro and Insight explorer. Judging by this article in Medical Design Technology (June 2009) they have expertise in the complex world of pharmaceutical and medical implant inspection. These are highly demanding applications, which says to me that Compar know their business and technology.

Also on their web site are a number of
videos. (I found they run better in Firefox than in IE.) It’s always interesting to see how other people have solved problems so take a look. And if anyone would like me to make personal visit, just email me my ticket!

No comments: