Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Important to know …

All comments posted to this blog are “moderated” or in other words, reviewed by me, before being published. That does not mean I agree with what’s said – I’m not in the business of censorship – I just want to screen out anything that is clearly offensive.

A few days back I mentioned that Cognex has huge reserves of cash, and hey, shouldn’t they be putting that money to work. In response, one of my loyal readers posted a comment to the effect that "Dr. Bob" was making a heap of money from Cognex.

Well first, what if he is? Isn’t that how the capitalist system works? Risk is rewarded, and all that.

And second, I’d like to draw your attention to this set of “
Cognex Fun Facts” posted on the “Vision Sensors” blog. You should notice that, down near the bottom of the list, we’re told that “CEO Robert J. Shillman … has not taken a salary since 2001, and since 2004 has asked the company to donate his annual bonus to charity”.

As Stephen Colbert might say, a tip of my hat to Dr. Bob.

If you need to know who Stephen Colbert is … Google.

No comments: