Wednesday, November 18, 2009

NeuroCheck machine vision application

Here in the US I don’t see that many vision systems built on NeuroCheck, so I found “Sizing up the sorting issue,” (The Engineer, November 3rd, 2009) an interesting read. The article describes a machine developed in the UK for the purpose of sorting the plastic size tags that adorn clothes hangers in stores. The photos show a beast of a system maybe 20 feet long and 5 feet wide that performs both color and character recognition. No info on speed, although I have to imagine that it runs at several parts a second.

Interestingly, “the system is claimed to be almost 100 per cent accurate.” In my world “almost” isn’t good enough, but I guess there are no safety or warranty concerns from miss-sorting clothes size tags.

No comments: