Thursday, April 29, 2010

More on MoviMED

I don't usually comment on comments, but if you read my post “Analogue cameras – back from the grave?” you'll notice a comment from Carlos Agell of MoviMED. He points out that, not to put too fine a point on it, I misunderstood what their AF-1501 product is. Apparently it's not a camera as I thought but an analogue framegrabber that hooks into the NI CompactRIO platform.

I'm very grateful to Mr. Agell for the correction and I fully accept everything he says, but his comment begs another observation from me: if I, as one who knows a little about machine vision, misunderstood the nature of the product, perhaps others will make the same mistake. To be blunt, perhaps the information on the MoviMED website is not very informative?

We all make mistakes: perhaps my error is an opportunity for MoviMED to enhance their communications efforts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The title says "AF-1501 Analog Framegrabber" - it can't be more clear than that? :)

(or have they changed the site already.)