Thursday, April 29, 2010

“The [machine vision] future’s so bright I gotta wear shades”

A month or so ago I wrote about how I thought the economy was bouncing back much faster than the pundits were forecasting. Just yesterday I summarized the Q1 2010 financial results from Dalsa. Well as further evidence of rapid growth in the machine vision market I now offer you Exhibit B, a press release from Cognex boldly titled, “Cognex Corporation Raises Guidance for Q1 ‘10”.

In case reading Cognex press releases is something you’d rather avoid, let me summarize here: Dr. Bob says that the recovery appears “broad-based” and as a result, “our outlook for the year is quite a bit more bullish today than it was just a few months ago.”
A bonus point goes to anyone who can name the artists behind the song title that I’ve used for this post.

No comments: