Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hacking the Microsoft Kinect for machine vision

If you’re a regular reader you’ll know I’m excited by what the Kinect can do. Back on January 31st I posted some links to a site that explains how to interface the Kinect with LabVIEW, (“Microsoft’s Kinect as a machine vision platform?”) Well life just keeps getting better and better, because now it’s possible to use the Kinect with the RoboRealm machine vision software product.

In truth, much as I like RoboRealm, the really interesting thing about this article (click the link above to read it,) is that it explains how to use the Kinect with Windows. Once you’ve achieved that, then I imagine the possibilities are limitless.

I don’t yet own a Kinect myself, but I think that is going to change in the very near future.

No comments: